Thursday, October 14, 2010

Washington D.C ....... part 1

Okay, so when you spend 11 days in Washington DC you take a gazillion pictures. So here are a few from our little trip.

Capitol / Supreme Court

Tomb of the Unknown

Arlington Cemetery / Eternal Flame / JFK Grave site

National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial.
My uncle Bruce was killed when I was 8. He was a DPS officer in Northern Arizona. It was really neat to see his name and to get a few rubbings of it. Very special experience for me to have. One I will treasure forever.

Washington Memorial / Jefferson Memorial / World War II Memorial / Nations Capital

Lincoln Memorial
This was AMAZING. I have always wanted to see the Lincoln Memorial, and it was nothing less than breath taking. The size of the statue was amazing and the view down the National mall was breath taking.

Vietnam Wall

Smithsonian Museum of American History
Michelle Obama's Inaugural ball gown / The ruby red slippers/ Kermit/ Julia Child's Kitchen


So there. A few pics from out trip. I have more to post such as Mount Vernon, the Washington DC Temple, and pics with our friends the Browne's that we went to visit and stayed with.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

You can only post pics of me if I look totally hot and awesome...you're welcome to post any weird or ugly pics of my kids or Steve!!

Steph said...

What an amazing trip! Cute kids--they're all so big!