Monday, May 2, 2011

Little Update

So it's spring and we have had a lot of fun things going on! The weather is nice, which makes for outdoor fun!! So here is a quick update.


 Elle advanced in Girl Scouts. She loves going to Girl Scouts and having fun with her friends and learning new things. I'm so glad that she and Ashlee are able to participate.



The kiddos did the kids Pat's Run which was .42 miles. Not much, but they had so much fun! Tiffany ran the whole way, and the kids were excited that they go to walk around on the Sun Devil's football field.

I also did Pat's Run, but mine was 4.2 miles!! YIKES!! At home I would just hit a wall at 2.5 miles and couldn't run anymore. I tried everything, but it was like my body was giving my the middle finger at 2.5 miles so I was a tad worried about doing the run. I got up early that morning, had Aaron take me down, and then I waited and waited for our corral to leave. Literally an hour after the first racers left. UGH. So I set out, and I'll be damned if I didn't RUN, okay, JOG the whole 4.2 miles!! I was so HAPPY! My feet hated me, seriously hated me, hated me so much that my middle toe got a blister and was bleeding. There went my much anticipated pedicure *sigh*. None the less, I was happy with myself. I walked different for a few days, due to muscle pain, and swore I wouldn't ever do anything like that again, but, as much as I HATE running, I enjoyed the feeling of accomplishment, so I have already signed up for 2 more runs over the summer. I must be nuts!!!

This was the moon on our way home from the valley the Sunday before Easter, so AMAZING!

And this is our Easter best. Such cute kiddos!!!


Ashlee participated in the 3rd grade program, and I happen to snap this at the end of the program, such a diva!! Man I love her!!

3 comments:

Blake and Martha said...

I have one word for you... ELEVATION...And it's killer...I am super excited for you to take our pictures!!! When I see the one of Aaron and Abram I start dreaming about pictures of Blake and Riley that are that cute :) You do such good work!

Janet said...

Congratulations on your run!! That is awesome. I love Elle's girl scout picture. It brings back memories of when Kelly was in girl scouts. She absolutely loved it and it really was a great experience for her.

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

Way to go!! And great pictures! Such a cute family :)