Monday, January 19, 2009

With or without nuts

So in just a few hours - 4 to be exact ( I had to wake up early to pee so that I had time for my bladder to fill before my appointment) I go to see my high risk OB doc in Phoenix. He is doing a level 2 ultra sound. He will be able to tell without a doubt if this is a boy or girl that I'm incubating. The level 2 ultra sounds are able to see inside the baby, so it's reproduction organs will be shown.

Do I want to find out? No. Does Aaron? Yes, he took the day off to join me for this very reason. He only joined me for Elle's ultrasound, so this is a big deal I guess. My feelings are that it's a boy. Since day one in the ER when I found out the unexpected news I had a boy feeling, however, I love calling the baby by the girl name we, ehm, I picked out, it really gets Aaron's feathers ruffled.

New subject. We went to Olive Garden and The Lion King on Friday. The girls LOVED it. They had no clue until we walked up to Gammage's door and they saw the Lion King banner. Pure excitement, joy, and giddiness. Watching their eyes and faces light up when it started was worth every penny. (Even though I don't remember purchasing the tickets). It really was a great musical. A little confession - I feel asleep in the second half. Here is my reasoning - A) I only had 4 hours of sleep B) Already knew the songs and the outcome C) Dark room, soft music, no Tiffany bugging you -you try staying awake. All in all, it was great. The girls haven't stopped talking about it or singing "Pink Pajamas Penguins on the Bottom" it's the chant from Circle of Life - go watch the movie - you'll hear it loud and clear.

4 comments:

Smith Family said...

OOOOHHH, the Lion King would be a blast to see! We'll be hoping for some boy parts!

David and Stacey said...

I hope that you have a healthy baby whether a boy or girl but I don't blame Aaron for wanting a boy, he need one! My kids loved the Lion King too, I loved it maybe more. We surprised them also, but they weren't as excited as your two, but really enjoyed it. $17 tickets are the way to go!

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

I'm hoping for another girl...hehe! Who knew we would BOTH have a house full of crazy hormonal teenage girls! Good luck!

Becca said...

I'm crossing my fingers for a little weeny! But my offer still stands to give you one of mine.