Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mama's Boy

When I found out a year ago that I was having a boy, everyone kept telling me that there is something special and different about having a son. I figured it was because you have to be totally alert when you change their diapers, other wise, you'd get wet. Nope. There is something truly different and magical about having a son. Now don't get me wrong, I love my girls. Each one is unique and brings something special and amazing to our family, but the little man, sheesh, it's hard to to put into words.
When I look into his eyes, my heart swells with love. I see the future prom dates, the future heart breaks, and the future missionary. And even thought a little part of me gets scared, a bigger part of me gets excited. I have already forewarned Aaron that little man is going to be able to get away with murder in my book, so be prepared. I truly understand the meaning of Mama's boy now, and I think it's awesome!!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

First of all what an amazing picture! He is so beautiful, and you are such a good mom. Beautifully put! I think its awesome too!

Janet said...

I loved reading this post and agree with what you said whole-heartedly! He really is a good looking boy!

Becca said...

He is so stinkin' cute! I love boys but I also don't have any other options!

Jessica said...

LOVE the picture!!