Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year


I haven't blogged in a long time, well, I haven't blogged anything of substance in a long time. I've been in a funk. A bad one. I was allowing other worries to over run my life and assist me in digging a deeper well of depression. In fact, to many surprise, I've actually been seeing a counselor to help me figure out why I turn to food for love, why I am obsessed with having a perfect house, and why I am the person that I am. It has helped out A LOT!! I see me returning, a better me, a new and improved model. Watch out world I'm back!!

Its days like today where I am thankful for the life I have. For many, today would have been a day from hell. A sick baby that has a temperature, keeps vomiting, and wants to beheld and rocked. A two year old that has the eye of the terminator and is hell bent on destroying any and everything. A 9 year old who has the attitude of a 16 year old, and a 7 year old who loves to help out, sometimes a little too much, oh and likes to sneak food she isn't suppose to have. Then to top if off, a husband who left to work early in the morning, only to return 13 hours later, with his new jeans ripped and his knuckles gashed. Ahh, it's a beautiful day.

So tonight, I sit here, in my messy house. Christmas decorations still up, dirty dishes in the sink, floor screaming to be mopped, and a toilet that I just unclogged because a certain 2 year old got into the bathroom and flushed a WHOLE roll of toilet paper....I sit here thankful. Thankful that the 2 year old survived the odds of being born 11 weeks early. Thankful my 9 year old is healthy and has friends. Thankful my 7 year old has the motherly instinct and self confidence I never had. Thankful I have a son, who is healthy, happy, and has killer blue eyes. Thankful that my husband has a job, and the fact he loves his job is a total bonus. And thankful that I survived today, that I survived 2009, and that I'll survive tomorrow.

3 comments:

Blake and Martha said...

Way to go Sarah! Hang in there!!!

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

Great Poat you go girl!!!

Lorena said...

Wow, you are doing great! You have figured out your stuff, and what you want to work on. I'm still trying to figure it out! You are an awesome lady. You are such a great person to be around, fun personality, and super sense of humor. You are going to be great this year. But I really loved what you said in this post!