Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Dishes

 So after a VERY crazy day I decided to crash only to realize I hadn't done the dishes yet. Crap. So I started to get out of my warm bed to head into the kitchen pit of hell and get to work. Aaron, who was watching TV asked what I was doing. When I told him I needed to do the dishes, because waking up to a dirty kitchen ruins my day, he replied, and I quote "Hon, you have a crazy day. You made an amazing dinner for Elle's birthday plus had several other things going on. I will do the dishes, why don't you go to bed." I was thrilled and wasn't going to argue, so I went to bed with images of clean dishes dancing in my head.

This is what I woke up to:


Let me zoom in for you:

 Apparently MY version of doing the dishes and AARON'S version are totally different. MY version would be to unload the dish washer, reload it with dirty dishes, add soap, and press start. AARON'S version is to unload the dishwasher. 
So my bad day has begun, and so far AARON'S son not only busted the soy sauce bottle, and took the battery off my cell phone and now it's M.I.A but I get the joy and pleasure of doing the stinking dishes. So, I guess I better quit blogging and get a crackin. 
I am SOOOOO buying me Subway for lunch!

 

5 comments:

Billie said...

Oh my goodness!! Can I say, so typical?
What a bummer! I hope your day ends better than it started!!!

Unknown said...

That sucks!

Janet said...

Justin does the same thing to me! It makes me soooo mad! I never believe him when he says he'll do it. I just do it anyway because I too hate---HATE waking up to a dirty kitchen. I hope you had Subway and a few other good things to make up for it.

Amy said...

Totally TOTALLY typical. Men have something wrong in their brains that doesn't allow them to do anything more than half-baked.

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

Sometimes I wonder if husbands do this sort of thing so we don't ask them again....