Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Dandelions


My yard is being invaded by dandelions, and you know what, I don't care. Yes, I know, I should care, but they are bright, yellow, and some much needed color after living in a brown landscape. They also bring a much loved memory. My Grandma Pete's yard was invaded with dandelions too. And when I would go to her house to visit, she would send me out to pick the flowers. I would get paid a penny for everyone I picked. I always assumed she needed the flowers for her flower shop business she had, but now after having kids, I think it was to get me out of the house so she could get stuff done. I have memories of my cousin Brian and me going into her enormous backyard and picking every one we could find. 50 cents was a lot of money to an 10 year old, well, it was a lot of money to me. So now, when ever I see these little burst of sunshine creeping into my yard, this memory creeps into my mind and brings me much happiness.

My Grandma & Grandpa Pete. My uncle Uncle Bruce is next to my Grandpa,  Uncle Scott is on my Grandma's lap, my dad Paul is on the armchair, and my Aunt Wanda is in my Grandma's tummy.

MISS TIFFANY

This little monkey was meant for the outdoors. Everyday she wants to go on an adventure outside. So usually once or twice a week we go explore the beauty around us. Last week she wanted to go see a lake. So we loaded up and headed to Greer to look at the little lakes they have. She would have sat there for hours looking at the water. She wants to go fishing, so I guess we, ehm, the Easter Bunny will have to bring fishing poles to the Doster Dorks.

1 comment:

Elissa said...

I know this is really old, but i'm WAY behind on my blog stalking. ;D I love it! I'll have to show it to Brian.