Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Popsicle, Fudgesicles Ooooone Dollar!!!

Okay, I lied, this post isn't about the family reunions. I decided to go in chronological order on how things happened. So lets see, we evacuate, get back, and then celebrated the 4th of July!!! First of all, 4th of July Celebrations are my favorite, but small time 4th of July Celebrations are da BOMB! Nothing better than a Parade, Rodeo, Popsicle, Fudgesicles ooooone dollar, and Fireworks.

Friday night, they had a little community party. They provided hotdogs, chips, cookies, and drinks. They also had some activities for the kids to do. Ashlee did the watermelon eating contest for kids, and then Elle did the hula hoop contest. Both did amazing, and were so cute. 


The parade was spectacular. No it wasn't all fancy smancy like the Rose Bowl Parade but it had the pride of being an American and living in a beautiful country, even though a good chunk of it is charred. I had made ahead of time some cute little bags for my kiddos so that they could catch candy and then put it in them, it was a hit. Abram loved just watching everything. We sat with my Aunt Blanche and her family, and I must say, the best part of the parade was when her brother-in-law came by on his high school reunion float and everyone pelted him with water balloons. Too much fun.

Attack!!

Later that day my amazing cousin Martha and I headed on over to the rodeo to watch our cousins perform. Fun, Fun, Fun!! Only in a small town would they have such a fun rodeo like this one. First of all, the Boy Scouts, bless their hearts, were doing a fund raiser, and this sweet (annoying) one walked in front of the grandstands the WHOLE time screaming "Popsicle, Fudgesicles Ooooone dollar!!" I was fixin to give him $10 to sit down and shut up. Finally after his 20th pass, we all joined him in screaming "Ooooone Dollar". He got the hint and quit soon their after. While there we watched them do the Keg Race, which is basically musical chairs with a twist of rodeo. You sit on your chair at one end of the arena, with your horse in hand, when the buzzer screams you get on your horse, ride it to the other side of the arena, around a barrel, and then back to where the chairs are. While this is going on, one chair is removed so you have to fight to get one. TONS of laughs!! My cousin Ray came in 2nd, and it has motivated me to do it next year. I suggest you make plans to be there. It's going to be the 100th year of this rodeo, and it will be on Wednesday, July 4th. Be there or be square.



Later that night we went to the Fireworks show in Springerville, yes, I know what you are thinking, didn't ya'll just get done battling a fire? Yes, yes we did, however, you can't burn something that is already burned, silly. It was fun, next year, we are going to change our location, go early and totally tailgate. Be there or be square.

So that's how we celebrated. We had our fill of hotdogs, jalapeno hamburgers, chips, soda, cookies, brownies, otter-pops, it was spectacular.  I really can't wait until next  year!!
 
YUM YUM YUM!

4 comments:

Janet said...

That sounds awesome! We will actually be in Arizona next year around that time. Hmmmm, tempting to see you in the rodeo!

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

Sarah, I am seriously going to be there next year over the 4th! (my husbands sister lives in Eager)I'm looking forward to seeing you in the rodeo :)

Tiffany said...

Love, Love, Love your new header!!! I will totally pay to come and watch you do horsey musical chairs! YeeHaw!

Jessica said...

Ok, so the fourth in San Diego was pretty funn...well watching Fire works on the beach was totally fun. But this whole day experience WAYYY better! We are so coming up next year.