Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The King

OR
SO - Friday I'm sitting on the couch with Ashlee and we are watching the Disney Channel (what else). And she started to cry, and I mean tears, hysteria, crying. So, thinking that earlier that day she fell on the tile, I thought she re injured something. So I asked her what was wrong. She then proceeded to tell me about Martin Luther The King and how he had a dream and then died. She then told me all about him and how she missed him a lot. So, being the nice mom that I am, and doing the best to hold back my laughter at Martin Luther The King, I sent her over to her father in the other room. He isn't a nice dad. He laughed. So her feelings were double hurt - so I had her call Granny. Of course Granny was kind and compassionate, but once I got on the phone with her, we both laughed and once again offended Ashlee.
Fast forward to Sunday. We were at my parent's for dinner and Ashlee was asked to bless the food. Now, you have to understand that most prayers that Ashlee gives, she gives a shout out to Aunt Liz and any others that bribe her. Not this time. Martin Luther The King got a shout out and a fear tears.
Oh the funny things our kids do. I can't wait until she hit puberty and we throw hormones into the mix. Joy.



2 comments:

Lorena said...

Girls are awsome! Give her a big hug they don't stay that sweet long enough!

Unknown said...

it's funny because of who her mom is. you know what i'm talking about. my mom told me this story i thought it was hilarious. ezra had a bunch of mlk stuff from school too. i don't they they told him about the dying part either.