Sunday, July 27, 2008

Catch Up

So it's like 1:30am Sunday morning, and I'm in the middle of baking a double batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for the Aaron's family's Family Home Evening (I know Jessica B. - you are totally salivating right now. Come over before 6pm today and I'll give you some - tell dear hubby that I forgot to make some without oatmeal *wink*) Anywho - so I thought I would catch you up. I'm going to start from yesterday and work myself backwards.


My mother, my sister, my (fingers-crossed) future sister-in-law Sara, Elle and Ashlee went and say Mama Mia today. I've never seen the musical, and was a tad ehhh on the movie because I'm not a big fan of Abba's music. LOVED THE MOVIE!! It was so fun and believe it or not the music was great. The theater we were in was filled with women and the would clap and cheer after each song. It was like being at a concert. It was really fun. I recommend it to my girlfriends.

Friday, Aaron had off so we decided to go do something fun with the girls. We went to the most amazing place that was absolutely a blast. We went to a place called Bounce U. I had heard about it before, and was like - whatever - then last week I was watching Jon and Kate Plus 8, and they took one of their kids there. I knew we had to go. Once we got there, the girls were a non-stop running, bouncing, having fun. It was so cool Aaron and I could join in on the fun, and Aaron turned back into an 8 year old. I found out you can book the place for private parties, so I booked if for my 30th birthday party in February, adults only. I know, I'm crazy, but I'm going to Bounce into my 30's!! Hurray!







Okay - I have no idea what this is called, so I called it Kerplunk, because it looked like that game I played when I was younger. They loved climbing up into it. They even got Aaron to join them.








So, do you seem my poor Elle cowering in the corner from her father with the ginormous boxing gloves? Yeah - feel free to call CPS on him.



Tiffany wasn't too found of the bouncers them self, but she love to watch everyone else having fun!



Last week I took the girls to Mighty Mud Mania over in Snotsdale.
Most kids look like this at the event:



My kids looked like this:

I thought that they would go all out an just get dirty and have a blast. WRONG. They all of a sudden became little prissies that gave me the looks of "Are you crazy? This totally is disgusting". Oh well, they did like playing in the sand and making sand castles.

So that's the update so far in life. School starts in a couple of weeks, remember that old Staples commercial where the dad is taking the kids school shopping and in the background the music is "It's the most wonderful time of the year" and he is dancing and jumping around with joy? I feel the exact same way.
The cookies are done - and I'm off to bed. Good Nite!!

7 comments:

Browne Towne said...

I wonder how much a flight would be to come in FEB?????

Sarah said...

I totally would pay for you and Steve!!!

(I wonder what a flight would cost to fly in November to Maryland?)

Rach =o) said...

How fun. The mud thing looks awesome. How did you get them home without covering your car. BTW So fun to run into you Friday and my MOP ROCKS! Thanks again. Smooches

Lorena said...

Your a fun mom! I think that mud might have felt good, especially if it was cool! Bounce while you can in your youth, when your an old lady it will make you pee your pants!:-)

Sarah said...

Rach -
The Scottsdale fire dept. had this shower thingy that they attached their hoses to that the kids could get under and wash off. They also had additional lawn hoses that you could rinse off with. I also took alot of towels and layed them across my seats just in case.

Lorena -
The mud felt great on my feet and I wanted to join in, but I had Tiffany, and I had just thrown out my back, so I was a tad in pain. As for the peeing thing - great another joy to look forward to.

Becca said...

That looks like a ton of fun! I love the mud, however Justin would have been like your girls!

Jessica said...

DANG! I missed out on the cookies
:( Oh well, we were in beautiful San Diego that day. I am not sure which is better. Oatmeal cookies or San diego!