Thursday, June 25, 2009

It's getting hot in here.....


So a few weeks ago Aaron's family decided to do an impromptu family reunion. I thought they were insane because on my side of the family we only do the big reunion every five years, and it take about as long to plan it, then again there are waaaay more of us and our reunion is longer and includes lots and lots of activities. I love it!!!
Anywho, one of my favorite things at my reunions is that my aunts bake for weeks on end yummy cookies. They freeze them and then each day would bring out a couple of bags for us to snack on. It's the best. You gain at least 15 pounds.
So when Aaron's family finally set in stone we were having a reunion, I decided that I was going to bake monster, peanut butter, and sugar cookies. Hopefully his family won't be on a health kick, and will eat them. I mean good heavens, do you know how hot my house has been?! I swear it's cooler outside. (And it's like 108 outside). If all else fails, we will feed them to the pigs (the ones ones my in-laws own) or the nice couple in my ward that has been sampling the cookies as I bake them. They haven't died yet, or complained of stomach discomfort, so I guess they are safe. Thanks Jessica and Chris for suffering through my baking!!!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Anytime sister! Those cookies are the BEST! Now I need to return the favor and bring over some yummy eats :)

Unknown said...

Um....could you give me the recipe for monster cookies and also can I come to the next Hunt reunion? That sounds delish!
I am going to be at my Mom's this Sat-Tues if you want to call or stop by.

Becca said...

i want the recipe for Monster Cookies too!