Tuesday, August 25, 2009

ahhh

I grew up with parents who loved musical theater. I was very lucky to also have parents who would take me to musicals. My first musical was Cats and soon after that was The Phantom of the Opera-a mystery never fully explained....sorry, didn't mean to start quoting it. Anywho - I have loved, loved, LOVED this musical. I am a nerd and know all the music, and when we were living in Texas, and it was my turn to drive, I would pop this CD in and listen to it and picture - the scenes in my head (this was before the movie was made). FYI - my CD was broke in half by Elle when she was 3. sadness. I am also lucky to have seen it with Micheal Crawford. Jealous? I know.

ANYWHO - back to my story thingy - so Phantom, it's coming to Tempe in October and November. HURRAY. I got tickets to go see it with Aaron. I think he's excited. Can't quite tell. The fun thing is that we are going with my parents, my auntie Liz, and my brothers and their dates. It's going to be a fun night, I can tell already.

So whats the point to this story?! Well, when Aaron found out how much dough I spent on these tickets, he assumed it would be our anniversary gifts to each other (12 years in a few weeks - YIKES). I am posting this to tell my sweet wonderful hubby that NO, these are not our anniversary gifts to each other. I'm sorry, you don't get off from getting me a gift. If you need some ideas here they are:

Now, traditionally, the 12th anniversary is Silk and Linen. Blah. Nice thought, but for me, I would rather have my my carpets cleaned. Yep, that's right, I would be a happy content wife if you would call up Scott Dial and get my carpets cleaned. Just the downstairs is fine. If you need another gift idea, I would also be happy with a clean, organized garage. Simple things really. Most women want bling, I want clean.

So thats all. I am now going to go see why my sweet red headed terror of a two year is screaming "MAMA" over and over. Joy.

3 comments:

Becca said...

I loved that musical. I went with Robbie when he got off his mission. It was great! I would give anything for Loren to like that kind of stuff

Jessica said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Phantom too. I some how got Chris to go with me to see the movie (no where compares to the theater). I wanted to get tickets for this year - wanted to take Grandma B for her b-day, but alas I will have a new born :( oh well. Jealous that you saw it with Michael Crawford too. NOT fair!

Hermana McKenna Pitts said...

I am totally with you on no bling for gifts. Like for Mother's Day I told Jared the only thing he was allowed to buy me was a new vacuum.