Thursday, August 13, 2009

Love Bug

Okay, why the screaming is still fresh in my mind...I'm going to blog about the concert. Where to start? Where to start? As I mentioned earlier I had purchased their CD (insert blood curdling scream) and then I downloaded their songs from earlier albums (I know..I know). Anywho- I loaded these gems of songs to my MP3 player so I could enjoy them while I was work. It wasn't too painful, actually found one song I liked...I know I know. Anywho - with some of their music under my belt, I was able to sing a verse here or there of their songs. So, Tuesday, as I was cleaning the house I would start singing what little I knew and would start dancing. Ashlee would give me this look. The look I use to give my mom. You know the look. The one that says..."Mom, you are an embarrassment, please don't acknowledge you know me". I would ask her what her issue was, and she told me that I was too old to dance and act that way, and that others may see me and I was embarrassing. HA! I then told her I was in our house and know one could see me. She didn't care. I was told to stop. Yeah right...I took the craziness to a whole new level. It was great.

Fast forward to driving to the concert.

They were playing their songs on Radio Disney, and as I was driving I would sing, honk, and dance behind the wheel. Poor Ashlee. She was mortified. I tried to convince her that I wasn't the only mom doing this. All moms do this to their children. I was told that I couldn't act like this at the concert or she would die. Mwaa haa haa...really?! Death?! That's harsh.

Fast forward to the concert.

I knew the first song Paranoid, I began to sing, and I was shot the look. The look of death. The look your mother gave you when you were misbehaving in church. The look of "you are going to be punished to the extreme when we are alone". It was the look that I needed to fold my arms and be good. whatever. I behaved...after all, this was her birthday gift, I needed to be good.

The concert was surprisingly good. It was loud. I mean LOUD. It was a different loud than any other concert I have been to. This concert had a high pitched scream that I'm sure the dogs in Flagstaff could hear. It was a nonstop, high pitched screech that broke the remaining hairs in my eardrum. Here it is 2 days later, and I still feel like there is a cup over my left ear. Insane.

They did sing my favorite song of theirs (okay, favorite as it, most tolerable and cute) it's called Love Bug. Now they made it rain on stage...it was way cool. I can't even describe it. So thanks to the power of You Tube I found a good video of it...you need to get half way into the video to see the rain. It was neat-o.



That's all. I'm off to play mom now.

4 comments:

Becca said...

The girl screaming "I Love You" was cracking me up!!

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

I agree with Becca...so funny! My 7 year old was LOVING it :)

Janet said...

You are a way cool mom--don't ever stop! I got called to YW today--I wish it was with you. We miss you! Hope your first week of school went well.

Hermana McKenna Pitts said...

The designs in the rain is so cool! Just don't let your kids tell my kids that you take them to concerts. :)