Sunday, August 23, 2009

I think its finally over

First, let me take care of some important business....guess who FINALLY lost a tooth?!?! HURRAY!! By this age Elle had lost 9 teeth already, which has really bummed out Ashlee, but I have to remind her that she only had two teeth until she was 2 years old. Then at that magical age of the terrible twos, she had two weeks of hell when all her teeth came in at once. So, since she got her teeth late, she would loose them late too. Don't stress, the dentist says all things are fine.
SOOO, Ashlee turned 7. When I telling a co-worker about all the things that Ashlee had "planned" for her birthday, my co-worker thought for sure that she was turning 16. Nope, just 7. Ashlee loves to party. She wanted everything. I had to remind her several times that this year she doesn't get a big party, next year she does. (Remember..I'm the mean mom that only lets them have a party every other year, and yep, I'm already saving money for next years party. *sigh* ) When I was asking her what she wanted for her birthday, it was originally the Jonas Brothers Concert. It then turned into having specific gifts, cake, and dinner. Joy. On her actual birthday, I made a Sushi dinner (her request) and we had some brownies. Last night we had a party for her and my dad at my parent's home. My dad's bday is the day after hers. Here are some of the highlights.


The Cake. She wanted Aunt Lizzie to make a 3 layered chocolate cake with pink frosting in the middle, chocolate frosting on the outside, and blue flowers. Aunt Lizzie delivered. Oh my gosh (0r for you texters OMG)...it was sooo yummy. Too yummy. Hence, I'm up in the wee hours of the morning blogging because I can't sleep due to a tummy ache. I just know Abram is going to be gassy and fussy tomorrow.
She also wanted this Bratz (also know as the deformed dolls) hair style thingy. Thanks Granny for getting her it. She also wanted a Barbie type doll called a LivGirl. Yep, got that too.

Okay, so this picture is the funniest part of the night. We put the candles on the cake, began to light them, and Tiffany covered her ears. I guess uncle Stephen has lit one too many fireworks that she assumed that was what we were doing.

I can't get this silly photo to rotate..sorry. Anywho...Miss Ashlee, I hope she had a happy birthday. I never thought that 7 years after having such a wild delivery, I would have a wild child. I love her so much. She has so much personality and such a love for life. She is an amazing helper and a great big sister. I am so happy she is a part of our family.
Okay, I'm off to drink some Sprite and take another tums. Dang Lizzie for making such a yummy cake.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Chris just said...I don't care who you are that's funny - about Tiff's fear of the candle lighting :)

Becca said...

Thank goodness for boys and no "Bratz"!

Rach =o) said...

Ashlee is the cutest ever! I want to party with her!! She reminds me of her mudder...