Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Big Girl

Last night I went to the hospital to see Tiffany, and I try to get there right before they do her rounds (where they measure, weigh, feed, and change her diaper). I discovered that once they do her rounds she usually is awake for a little while. So I got there just before rounds and got to help change her diaper again and asist in the other things. She weighs 2lbs and 12oz - so she is back to her birth weight (woo hoo) and she is such a little pig that they have increased her feeding again, so last night she was getting 3.5cc and it was going to be increased to 4cc at this mornings feedings. Little Pig! Oh and in case you were wondering, there are 30cc in one ounce.

After rounds were over, I got to hold her for a good hour, and out of that hour, she was awake and alert 20 minutes. She was moving her head around in my arm and looking around. She was very alert. It was really fun to get to look at her and have her look back.

She still doesn't have a PICC line and they have her under the lights again for her jaundice. Her poor little skin was dried out, so the nurses let me put some lotion on her. It was fun to have her smell like a baby. She is off the oxygen, I guess she is remembering to breath, and all in all is doing very well.

My friend Tiffany Browne arrives tomorrow from Washington DC for a whole week! I am so excited. Aaron and the girls have been helping me get the house ready for her arrival. Nothing like company coming to finally finish the guest room.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts, prayers and support. Please let me know when you want to go visit her, I would love to have the company on the drive over.

No comments: