Monday, June 25, 2007

Moving Up In the world





Sorry that it's been so long since the last post - life has been crazy. I went back to work, and between managing work, home, Elle & Ashlee, and the hospital - I'm a tad worn out to say the least.


Saturday night my parents got to go see Tiffany after not seeing her for almost 2 1/2 weeks. They left to Alaska for a trip just after she was born. They can't believe how good she looks and how she has filled out her face. They both got to hold her, and she was awake for some of their visit.


Aaron took his parents and Elle last night - but for whatever reason, they didn't hold her. Don't worry, I made up for it tonight. I held her for 2 1/2 hours!! Wait - the good news - she is out of the NICU and is in the nursery for "smaller" babies. She has moved to the 1st floor of the hospital and has her own little room inside the nursery. I really liked her nurse tonight, and felt very comfortable with her being cared for. I still am trying to get them to tranfer her to a closer hospital so that I can go visit her on my lunch breaks!


Now that she is doing better, they only weigh her twice a week, and her feedings are still increasing and going strong. They add calories to my milk to help her gain weight, and hopefully that will make her put on some pounds. They said when I come in tomorrow that we can try feeding her with a bottle. Cross your fingers that she takes it! This would make her one step closer to coming home!!!


Side note - on Father's Day, my sister Julia announced that she is prego!! We are so excited, and everyone is hoping she will finally produce a grandson and nephew - she has no clue how far she is and doesn't go to the doctor until the end of July - how nice would it be that she goes in and finds out she is 16 weeks?! My cousin Sam's wife Anna also announced that she is expecting. Don't worry - I don't plan on joining them anytime soon!


Okay - back to Tiffany - she looks so great and I just love holding her, it make me so happy and really helps me sleep at night.


Thanks for all of your prayers and support - she is doing so well, and I know it is because of all the love everyone is sending her way.


Love- Sarah



No comments: