Tuesday, December 18, 2007

HAPPY BERFDAY BUBBA!


(The Stephen is the one in the suit - Jake is the nerd in the BYpew shirt)
Okay, so it's my baby brother Stephen's 21st Birthday! HAPPY BERFDAY BUBBA! He is currently serving a mission in Washington DC and won't be home until April 16, 2008! I can't believe he has been gone almost 2 whole years! YIKES! Stephen and I are really close and I would consider him one of my best friends. He loves my kids and loves to play with them. My mom has been telling Tiffany that when her uncle Stephen gets home that he is going to place her in a laundry basket, place the basket on a blanket, and then pull her around the house. It's so true. He did that with the other girls. My favorite Stephen story is that the spring break of his senior year he and his friends wanted to go to San Diego for spring break. They first told my mom they wanted to go to Rocky Point. Their plan was that Rocky Point would be scary and horrible and my mom would say no, so they then would ask to go to San Diego. The plan kinda back fired and my mom said it would be okay to go to Rocky Point. After a few days, he told my mom that they would rather go to San Diego - this made my mom happy and she let them go - she even paid for their hotel room.
During spring break, I ended up in Texas welcoming home Aaron from Iraq. I am not joking when I had just reunited with Aaron when my mother called. She informed me that Stephen took my van to San Diego and that she made them promise they wouldn't take it to Mexico. I made her promise that we would never tell Aaron.
Fast forward a few weeks, so I'm back home in Arizona. Aaron is in Texas, and I'm talking with Stephen one night. He begins to tell me about their trip and I asked him where he got all the fireworks. Thus the truth came out. Not only did he take my van to San Diego, but they took it into Mexico. They then took off the speakers and crammed it full of fireworks. Then then brought it back over the border and returned home. He was so lucky they didn't get caught. We have kept this a secret from Aaron until just a few months ago, when he was wondering why everyone was laughing about Stephen's San Diego trip.
I would love to share the many other funny stories - but I know someone would end up in jail!
So - my brother is a total cheese head. I can't remember why we were taking pictures, I just remember that it was funny. (And that my friends is why you should write in your journal every night).
Sky Diving on Aaron's 30th
(Daniel, Pedro, and Stephen)
(Wicked cool Shepherd )
Happy Birthday Stephen, I sure am proud of you and I sure do love and miss you!!

1 comment:

Curtis, Crystal, Vance, Kael, and Merek Birdno said...

Hey thanks for blogstocking me. We always love to have our friends blogs that we can look at. Your girls are precious!! How we can keep in touch more. Any plans for Christmas? Merry Christmas!!!