Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow.

Sorry for all the pictures - but really, how often can you post snow pictures in Arizona?


So we headed up to the White Mountains on Friday and stayed at my in-law's cabin just outside of Show Low. The whole drive up, Aaron would look at the temperature gauge in our car and would freak out if it was getting warmer. (When I say warmer, I mean, it was 27* instead of 24* four miles back).

When my in-laws told us that they had 5-7 inches of snow - they were not joking!! It was amazing and absolutely beautiful! The girls had a blast. The best part was that my dorky husband Aaron decided that shorts were appropriate snow attire (see above picture). So he went inside for something, and the girls and I made a bunch of snowballs. Our plan was that when he came outside we would attack his legs. It worked. We won and he froze! That night I must have caught the stupid bug and I ran outside with no shoes on across their deck. It was my feet thawing that hurt the worse! (Side note - totally beat Aaron on that - I went farther and was out longer - American Gladiators - watch out!!)

The next day we got to ride the Arctic Cat four wheeler around in the snow. It was so much fun. I didn't get a picture, but, once again my dorky husband, decided he wanted to be pulled by the four wheeler in their plastic sled. Since we couldn't find rope, he used a coax cable. Nerd. I made sure to hit every bump, dip, and deep area of snow. It was great.

After a few hours of playing in the snow we headed up to Eager to my cousin's wedding reception. There was snow there too and once again the girls enjoyed frolicking in the snow.

That night we went to the reception and it was beautiful. The girls had a blast and it was fun to see my family. Elle dashed off before I could nab a picture of her, but here is Ashlee and Tiffany in their Christmas Dresses. (Thank you Granny for buying them).

Fast Forward to Sunday Night, a few hours after we got home, I noticed Tiffany wasn't acting normal and was really fussy. Her little belly button was poking out and was hard, and she hadn't pooped once again in over a week. I called her doctor and she said to take her to the ER. I loaded up her diaper bag and headed out to the ER. They took us back rather quickly and that's when they started asking me if I had heard of RSV. I told them that I had, but I was here for her belly button. The next thing I knew is that they were taking X-rays, and IV, and blood work and she was getting a breathing treatment. (Seriously, we were there less than 15 minutes).

After I was able to clear my head and speak to the doctor, they said that her oxygen level was at 60% and that she was wheezing. After the tests and x-rays came back, they diagnosed her with pneumonia. She has an elevated white blood count and both her lungs have fluid. They went back and forth on admitting her. I promised them that if they send her home I would mind all the instructions and be a good mom. Hurray - I won. So, we have breathing treatments every 3 hours (no sleep for me) and I give her antibiotics twice a day. As for her belly button, it was just a side effect of the elevated white blood count. I feel like such a loser mom for not noticing my child had pneumonia. Yeah, she had a stuffy nose and cough, but don't all kids during the winter?

Tiffany hates the medication and she hates the breathing treatments when she is awake. I hate waking up every 3 hours to give them to her, so I sleep on the couch and my alarm wakes me when to do them. It's not fun, but it's better than the hospital. Any extra shout-outs for Tiffany in your prayers would be greatly appreciated. They are worried that this is just the beginning of a long sick winter for her. Joy.

So that's our weekend in a nut shell. Sorry it's so long. Have a wonderful day, and hurry and get your Christmas Shopping done - you have LESS THAN A WEEK!!!!!

1 comment:

Contact Information said...

Hey you crazy lady! I knew you had a blog but somehow lost it. You know how that goes. Man your girls are growing. I am so glad to see that you little angel is doing good. Merry Christmas! Keep in touch:)