Monday, December 31, 2007

So many things ... so little time

I'm so glad all the holiday hustle and bustle is over. I'm pooped. Between, family, church, and friend functions, I'm done. I have a year to recoup! Hurray.

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas. We did. We did the normal Christmas Eve program with my family. After that we drove around "ooh"-ing and "aaah"-ing over Christmas lights. (Danny Angie's neighborhood - still a favorite). After that we headed home and the girls went off to bed.

That morning Santa left some TMNT slippers for Elle and High School Musical slippers for Ashlee and a note that said that all their gifts were at Granny and Grandpas. So, we loaded up and headed over there. It was really fun. Elle got all things TMNT and an MP3 Player. Ashlee got all things High School Musical and a diary thing that you whisper your password into. Tiffany got diapers, a rattle, and a crab toy that will help with her tactile sensitivity. (And since my favorite show is Deadliest Catch - I couldn't refuse!!) Aaron got a tool box and Tranformers Chess set, and some other things. I finally got my Garth Brooks CD (it isn't Christmas unless I get something that is Garth Brooks) and a food processor. My favorite gift, was from my brother Michael - growing up my mother had this orange Betty Crocker cookbook. I loved cooking from it and a few months ago, I stole hers. Well, I had mentioned that I wanted one of my own a few months ago. Well, Michael and my mom remembered, and the got me one off of ebay. Hurray!! I quickly returned my mother's and put my on my counter next to my Kitchen Aid!!

I also got to talk to Stephen on the phone. It is going to be so much fun when he gets home in 3 1/2 months - YIKES!!! I can't wait to introduce him to Tiffany and show him our new house!! Hopefully by then I will have lost 20 more pounds!!





Aaron's work gave him from 12/21 - 1/2 off. We originally were going to head up to the mountains after Christmas, but when we found out how many people were going up, and the worries with Tiffany and her health - we changed our minds. Instead, we went shopping at Wal-Mart and decided that it would be fun to paint our kitchen. So we painted it and decided to paint our bedroom, so I ran to Wal-mart again and got more paint. I am pretty sure that by tomorrow, my bathroom will be a new color, and so will my laundry room. We are painting fools!!

Well, I must return to cleaning and cooking (got to put that cookbook to good use).

We hope you have a happy and safe New Years!!!

1 comment:

Lorena said...

It looks like you guys had a fun Christmas. Do you always go to your parents for Christmas morning? Our kids all spent the night at our house and it was fun.
I'm jealous that you are painting. I painted my entire house a brown/biege color called "moose moose". I liked it, but now I miss having color in my house. You will have to post pictures so I can see the colors you picked. Happy New Year!