Sunday, February 15, 2009

I Was Told I Was a Bad Mom

I am sick of doctor's offices. I am sick of the smell, the waiting, and the hassle. I cringe when we set the next appointment and I don't look forward to it. That's just me. I can't stand the ring of their phones, or the weird scrubs they choose to wear. I get irritated if I am asked to arrive early and they are running late. I hate having my blood pressure checked, and seeing my weight on the scale. Grouchy bad mom.

I am a "bad" mother because I try to let my kiddos fight off any illness on their own - of course with pain meds when needed - but I don't rush to the doc with every bump, bruise, or fever. Their bodies were meant to fight illness. The pioneers didn't have urgent cares and such. I hardly use a thermometer, I rely on my wrist to determine if they are running a tad hot. When they get strep throat, I give them probiotics and let it run it's course, I don't always think antibiotics are the cure. My kids usually see their doc twice a year - and that for the routine stuff - I'm a bad mom, I know.

I don't believe in wasting money on organic. Aaron (ehm I ) did a paper last year on organic verses conventional. No difference, no boost of vitamins, nada zip zilch. Many studies showed that the soil is already contaminated from the air's pollution that all the food is the same. Also, the FDA doesn't regulate what stuff they spray on the organic food, so it could or couldn't be bad for ya. I just wash my food really good with Rit and then consume. Bad mom - wants to save money -send me to jail.

I guess between my appointments and Tiffany's appointment, I am done. Finished. No more. Okay, not really, but I have a small confession - when I checked my email tonight at 10:30pm and saw that the 12 year old girl I got to babysit for the doc appointment I have in the morning said that she ended up going to a sleepover and couldn't babysit - I kind of was relieved. Now I just have to call the doc at 7am and let them know that I can't make it. Bad mom.

3 comments:

Browne Towne said...

Well sister...we're bad moms together!!! I HATE it when my child has a legitimate illness that needs to see a Dr. but I can't get an appt. because some mom whose kid has a runny nose for one day took up all the slots! RAR!! Let's start a bad mom's club!!!

Jessica said...

Here Here! I agree. Guess that means I will be a bad mom too :)

David and Stacey said...

really? Organic is a sham? How about my organic garden that I am growing? I also do not like to take my kids to the doctor, maybe twice a year. No immunizations for my kids, tell me about probiotics. I have never done that.