Friday, February 6, 2009

I'm tired.

So how was your night? Did you sleep well? Ahhhh - sleep, an old friend I rarely visit, but miss very much!

Last night or should I say this morning, I got home from work at 3:00am. No big deal - actually an early night for me. When I got home I was greeted by a certain 20 month old who was screaming and passing gas. This has been going on for days. I thought that maybe giving her a warm bath would help her relax and return to sleep. When I got her undressed for her bath I noticed the little rash that was on one side of her bum before I left to work had spread to both legs and her arms, and look very scary. I then noticed her breath was very foul and she was having no luck passing gas - or anything for that matter - this has been a chronic issue since birth.

I gave her a quick bath and then Googled - constipation, bad breath, and skin rash. The results were scary so I called the triage nurse. She said to bring her in ASAP. So off to the ER I went.

We were taken back rather quickly and x-rays and a number of other tests were preformed. It seems that over 80% thats right folks 80% of her insides were backed up with poop. So they gave her a high powered enema to help out.

It did.
It stunk.
It was done twice.
50% was removed.
She cried.

We now go see her gastroenterologist on Monday, in hope of ending this madness.

My past 24 hours:
Work 8:30pm - 2:30am
ER 4:00am - 10:00am
Nap 10:30am -12:00pm
diaper change
diaper change
diaper change.

I'm pooped.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Oh man Sarah, I'm sorry! Didn't she have surgry for something to do with her GI stuff? You are my hero for how much sleep you get. I would be a complete beast if I didn't get atleast 7 hours every night. You are way better than me! I hope she is feeling better soon.

Sarah said...

We will know on Monday - at 2:20 when the surgery should be. cross your fingers that it's before the little squirt comes!!