Monday, July 20, 2009

Confessions

Okay, I did it. I never thought I would, yet alone admit it on my blog, but I did it. What horrible, unimaginable act did I do? I bought a Jonas Brother's CD.

(insert blood curdling scream)

WHY?! Why in the world would I do something so heinous? Well, here is my reasoning. Since I am the worlds coolest mother (that is according to Ashlee...I will tell you why in a minute) and I'm taking my kids to the Jonas Brothers Concert next month, I figured that I might as well know the songs so I won't be too bored or tortured. That is why. Please don't look at me differently or avoid me in public.

OKAY - so besides taking Ashlee to the Jonas Brothers Concert, the reason, well, as of this week, that I'm so cool is because of this. We were driving the other day to Sonic and we were listening to Radio Disney. Some young punks remade good ole MC Hammer's "Can't Touch This" I of course knew the lyrics since that was my favorite song in 6th grade. Ashlee was impressed that I knew this new song on the radio, and couldn't grasp the concept that I was a remake. None the less, she thinks I know all the cool new music on Radio Disney, and I am anxiously waiting for them to remake Sir Mixalot's "Baby Got Back".

Side Note: work Friday was much better. Not so emotional or crazy. I think I shall survive.

3 comments:

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

Are you forgetting that we all have children too?!? I have three girls who love Jonas Brothers, so I think you really ARE the coolest mom around!

Amy said...

Have you ever seen the show on Disney? Pretty stankin' funny. I don't know any of their songs, but I love 'em on t.v.

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

you are so funy...but the girls will love you for buying one...