Friday, July 17, 2009

Shiftwork

I went back to work last night. It sucked. I had total mixed emotions all night. I was happy to be back in the company of my co-workers and adults (even though they don't act like ones :P) and to have a conversations that didn't consist of my telling them to "stop, get away, don't touch, do you need to be put in timeout, or clean up your mess". However, I really missed this guy all night:
I would start to think of him and I would get a little teary eyed. It was hard. Mix the post pregnancy emotions, with a pinch of exhaustion, you get one emotional mama. When I finally got home 8 1/2 hours later, I just held and rocked him for over an hour. It was nice to hold and smell him. I just whispered to him that I loved him and that the reason I'm working is to buy him what ever he wants for Christmas this year...hopefully he won't have expensive taste.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

SARAH!! I got your message yesterday. Sorry I missed your call. I need to bring you a sorry-you-have-to-go-back-to-work treat....any requests. Maybe a big fat cheesecake or something. I am SO SO sorry that you have to go back. I will be in the same boat come this fall. We can cry together about leaving or little boys at home....then we can cry about sending them on missions. you know the usual stuff. Love ya girl! I hope your new schedule comes through and works out better...

Janet said...

I love the new headline and background. I'm sorry you had to leave Abram. Thankfully it's at night when everyone should be sleeping. Which makes me wonder....when do YOU get to sleep? Don't work too hard.

Becca said...

Oh my heavens he is cute!! And looks like you too:-)

Hermana McKenna Pitts said...

Did you leak milk when you thought about him?