Sunday, November 11, 2007

Happy Veteran's Day



So today is Veteran's Day. I thought that since I am a wife of a Vet, that I should pay tribute to him and let him know how appreciated he is for the service and sacrifices he gave for our country. I know, totally cheesy!
When we were engaged Aaron wanted to join the Navy. I told him that it would be too hard on our marriage for him to be gone so quickly after the wedding. I put my foot down and told him no. He always knew he would someday serve in the military.
When our home teachers came over to our house just after Elle was born and one of them told us that he was joining the Army because of all the benefits they offer. Since we were poor starving students, we looked into it as well. Four months later he was in Georgia at boot camp. (Side note - that home teacher never joined - brat). We ended up being stationed in Texas, and I absolutely loved it there. It was so beautiful, and the people really are friendly. Even though it was tough having him gone a lot for training, having to put up with retarded commanders and serving a year in Iraq, it was the best thing for our family. Without him joining, we would have never met all of our friends, including our best friends the Brownes and Throckmortons and we would have never experienced all the neat things we did.

THANKS HONEY FOR ALL THAT YOU DO!!!
(I think I just threw up in my mouth for being so cheesy - nope, it must be the food poisoning that our family is experiencing - another blog for another time)

No comments: