Friday, February 8, 2008

Big Day

So, I'm posting this with like 8 minutes left in today (Feb. 8th). Today is a really important day for us -

Okay, yeah it's the one year anniversary of Anna Nicole's death, and as important as that is, that's not the reason.


Eight years ago today I had Elle. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
I can't believe my little girl is eight years old. Freak out!!

(1 year pic)

She has grown so much over the years. Every day I notice how much more she is turning into a young lady, and before I know it, she will be in young womens, then dating, then off to college, and then having babies of her own (after marriage of course).



There are so many reasons why I love her so much, but here are a few reasons why she makes me laugh.
1. She is a total Tomboy. She will have nothing to do with pink or barbies, and if you want to make her mad, just mention anything that has to deal with curling her hair, or putting on makeup. She is getting baptized tomorrow, and after some wheeling and dealing, I was able to buy her a pretty white dress. After she put it on and did a few twirls in the store, she came over to me and told me that she would like her hair curled for her baptism. My heart swelled with joy that I was having a mother daughter moment, and then she said "It's going to go straight after it gets wet, and that would be totally cool. Curly and then straight." My moment was out the door.

On the same theme of Tomboy - she love the Ninja Turtles. All things revolve around TMNT. She eats, breathes, tastes lives and always involves Ninja Turtles. She can tell you each episode and let you know any and everything about them. It's kinda cool. The best part is that I remember the theme song from my youth - so I'm a pretty awesome mom who can sing the whole thing.



2. She is super creative. She loves to be involved with school activities and summer activities. She love to dress up and pretend. She loves to make cards and paper airplanes with little notes on them that tell you that she loves you and that you are the best person in the world. She likes to be everyone's friend and tries really hard to make friends. Sometimes it's hard, but she's getting better.

3. She is the best big sister. She is such a wonderful helper. She does what I ask her to (most of the time) and she really likes to help out around the house. She loves to do the laundry and the dishes. (If only I could get her to love the toilets - I would be home free). She loves to read, and she will spend time after school reading to Ashlee. Its those tender moments that I remember why I had kids.
4. She is her father's daughter. Besides loving TMNT, she loves computer and video games - and she is really good at them. She can kick you butt playing Halo or Ghost Recon any ole day. She loves watching this show call Raw Play and learning all the secret moves so she can beat everyone else. She looks like Aaron, and truly is the son he'll never have.

I could go on and on about how wonderful she is, but I guess I should get back to cleaning the house for her baptism tomorrow. I promise I'll post pictures of that fun event, even the before curly hair picture, and the after straight picture.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

too fun! she is one of a kind and lucky to have you for a mom. ezra will be eight in november, i'll contact you when i get to freak out mode.
also, i am tagging you. read my blog for the details.