Monday, February 4, 2008

March of Dimes Monday


SO - I have decided that every Monday until April 19th, I am going to post something about the March of Dimes. I hope that this will bring awareness (or annoyance), and people will donate to our team.




I've decided to start out by sharing my story. I was 29 weeks prego and I was having a really tough pregnancy. It was begining to get hotter outside and I was begining to swell up. My doctor wasn't worried at first, just for the fact that women during the summer swell a little more. My feet and hands and face were very swollen, but I just kept telling myself it was because of the Arizona heat.

I was at work, and it was the end of the day. I was getting ready to leave when one of my co-workers informed me that I was fat. Thinking that he was joking - I told him that I was pregnant, not fat. He then told me that I looked like I had gained 20 pounds over the course of the day, and that he was worried about me. I told him I would call my doctor and go get checked out. When I got up, I couldn't straighten my knees, they were extremely swollen. I got really concerned and called my husband. He met me at my parents and he and my brother gave me a blessing.

Still not sure what was going to happen, I then drove myself to the hospital to get checked out. I was there about 30 minutes when they informed me that I was really sick, my kidneys were no longer working, and they were going to airevac me over to St. Joes Hospital in Phoenix. I then paniced. 15 minutes later I was in the helicopter and terrified.

The next morning, I was told that my all attempts to get my kidneys to start working had failed and that they needed to take the baby. On May 30, 2007 Tiffany was born weighing an amazing 2lbs 12oz. She was 14inches long and a total fighter.


We were able to bring her home from the hospital after 6 weeks, and were very thankful for the support our whole family was given by everyone, including the March of Dimes.

I am in need of corporate sponsors, especially one who would like to help fund team t-shirts. Please let me know if you or your company would like to help.

No comments: