Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Crazy Kiddos

My kids are driving me Crazy. When does school start again? I should put a countdown on this blog on when our school starts up again. Yeah, I'll just add that to the list of the nine million other things I need to accomplish this week.
Ever since Elle got diagnosed with Aspergers, we have been mucho grande crazy with her. She has so many doctor appointments, then there are the appointments that I go to to discuss her, and then there is group therapy and so on and so forth. Needless to say crazy. Thankfully we have a diagnosis and hopefully have a better school year. (Fingers crossed, and my eyes, and my toes).
Tiffany is a pill, to say the least. She is going through stomach issues and teething, and learning to walk and all the fun issues a one year old goes through. She has learned to tease. It's rather funny. She will offer you an item, and when you go to grab it, she pulls it away and laughs. What a stinker. She is still in seek and destroy mode.
Ashlee. One word - DRAMA!!! Poor thing being the middle child. Everything is the end of the world, and she has learned the dreaded phrase - "Fine! I guess you really hate me and don't love me". At times I want to agree, but being the "nice" mother that I am, I go comfort her and try to smooth over the situation. A few Sundays ago, we were at my parents and she began to lecture the group about being mean. She asked my mom how she felt when other were mean, and then she asked my aunt Liz the same question. After a short sermon, she ended by saying, "Guys, just remember to be nice and smell the cookies!" Good thing I was crying as I laughed, because she thought I was touched and gave me a hug. The child will be famous, and she has promised to give me a six figure income to sell her t-shirts. Score.

2 comments:

Lorena said...

Did you see what time you posted this blog! Bless your heart, I remember staying up late because it was my quiet time. I'm sorry things have been so crazy for you.
It's good that you have a support group for Elle, it helps so much to be able to talk to and learn from other people in your situation. Tiffnay is doing great, I love when babies tease. They are so funny, because they seem so proud of themselves when they do it. And drama queens keep life interesting! Just sit back and enjoy the ride!

Jessica said...

Girl, you make me laugh and your girls make me laugh. Let me know if you need anything. I can bring you dinna sometime...it will be mighty tasty I promise. Don't let things get to crazy. Call me when you need some sanity :)