Sunday, March 15, 2009

The 7th Commandment

Soooo, we are commanded to Keep the Sabbath Day Holy. No big deal, usually, however, today I woke up and realized that we were out of milk. Now if we didn't have small children, I would have gone through out the day with no worries, however, Tiffany needs a little milk to help her fall asleep, and I wasn't go to go through the day without her having milk.

The ox was in the myer.

So I got my shoes on and went to Frys - our local grocery store. I went in, and instead of just getting milk, I picked up a few snacks for Stake Conference (two hours with small children - they need snacks right?!) , and some boneless, skinless chicken breast (on sale for $1.67 a pound). So I headed to the back of the store to get the milk. As I was pushing my cart long (the call it a buggy in Texas - FYI) I was looking to see what was chilllin in the milk area. That's when it happened. A lesson learned that we need to always keep the sabbath day holy.

Now picture this, me pushing a cart, a large puddle of milk spilled on the ground, me not noticing the milk, my feet and the milk joining together in a slippery combination that ended in me doing the splits, one leg in front of the other. OUCH.

Now for you who have forgotten - I am 29 weeks prego. So as I am falling down, trying to hold myself up with the cart, as a sweet Fry's employee came over and tried to help me. So embarrassed. The manager ended up coming back, asking if they needed to call 9-1-1 and if I was okay. Long story short- they did a report, got my info, gave me their info, gave me free donuts and chocolate milk, I checked out and went home.

I am really sore. Two hours of sitting in Stake Conference really didn't help, and so I walk around like an old grandma who needs a walker - baby steps, each step more painful than the last. So if you ever think that breaking the Sabbath is no big deal - DO NOT DO IT!!! BAD IDEA!! YOU WILL GET INJURED!!

2 comments:

Becca said...

I'm sorry! Were the donuts and Chocolate Milk worth it?

Anonymous said...

I think this is a case of 1 plus 1 is 3.