Saturday, May 16, 2009

Long Night....Long Day....Grouchy Sarah

So, as you may know, I work at night - and when I say night, I mean all night (sometimes until 3:30 in the AM) at Wells Fargo. I process checks that people have deposited through out the day, so that they have cash flow in their account.

I am one of several women who work there basically for the really good and really cheap health insurance. Since we are stuck together in a room, and there really isn't any distractions, we tend to talk and get to know each other and share fun, crazy. wild stories. It's awesome.

There is one lady in particular that I have become rather close with. Her name is Sonya. She has been at Wells Fargo for over 25 years. Crazy Huh. She also works at Target during the day in their accounting department. She works like a total of 70 hours between the two jobs. She is nuts. Her hubby is rather ill and unable to work, so she is the bread winner.

When she found out I was preggers, she started taking extra care of me. Making sure I wasn't over doing it and making sure that my health was in good condition. I got to know her family through her stories and she has gotten to know mine. I consider her like a grandma. So caring and loving.

Friday, I went to work and was pulled aside by one of the managers. I thought "Oh crap - I am getting laid off." That kind of news would have been easy to deal with. Instead I found out that sweet Sonya had a heart attack while taking a nap earlier that day and had passed away in her sleep.

Totally devastated.

Even though we both have the gospel in our lives, and I know where she is at and that she has a forever family, I am still confused.

Why?

So none the less, Friday was a very long and somber night. Many tears and memories were shared.

I got home and was only able to sleep 2 hours so I got up with Aaron and started to work on the house in hopes of keeping my mind busy. We got a lot accomplished. The back porch is done, just needs some paint. The little man's room is painted, just needs a crib. The laundry and dishes are done, just need to mop, and the upstairs is totally clean...(yeah - that's gonna last 24 for hours if I'm lucky.)

I'm not only tired and grouchy, but I'm still sad and sore.

oh well.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh Sarah that is so sad, I'm so sorry to hear that! Hang in there, things are going to get a little easier for you to handle here soon I hope! We need to hang out and laugh sometime soon and that will help things feel less stressful for all of us!! hang in there girlie!

Smith Family said...

Oh, that is just plain sad! I'm sorry to hear about Sonya. Hopefully you can get a bit of rest before your little bundle makes his appearance. Take it easy!

Janet said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. I have a testimony of the Plan of Salvation and I'm so grateful for it, I just wish there was more we could do to ease the hurt.

We are planning to have a moving sale in a couple of weeks and will be selling our crib/mattress/changing table, etc. if you're interested. Let me know.

Unknown said...

Sorry about your friend. That is sad.
Hang in there. Not too much longer to go, the last little bit is always the worst. I'm glad that the little guy was able to stay in so long. I think you should post pics of the new porch.
Love ya.