Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sick and Tired


I'm tired. Last night when I left to mutual, Tiffany was totally acting normal and just doing fine and dandy. When Aaron came to pick me up from mutual he said to me once I got into the car "I think that Monkey (that's what we call her) is sick. She is really hot and didn't eat dinner".
Great.
So, after running a quick errand to my parents, we came home and gave her a bath. She seemed to perk up and was acting as if she was feeling better. That soon ended. Once we got her dressed in her pajamas she went back to having a high temp and being very whiny and clingy. She wouldn't take her sippy that we put her meds into, and she wasn't about to eat anything. I could tell this was going to be a long night.
It was.
Aaron threw up in the towel at midnight. I stayed up and took care of the child that couldn't decided if she wanted to be held or not whether to watch Blues Clues or not, whether to be covered by a blanket or not. It was a long night. I just couldn't figure out why she got a temp so fast and so high. I did at one time wonder if she had somehow caught the stupid swine flu.
Finally around 4am she fell asleep. I am pretty sure I heard the Mormon Tabernacle Choir on my back porch sing the "Hallelujah Chorus". Finally I could sleep. So I went to my room and attempted to crash.
HA!
Soon as I laid down, the little man inside of me decided that it was his turn to play. He was a moving and a shakin, and doing his best to keep me awake and uncomfortable. His father also decided it was time to snore.
Joy.
So after an hour of that madness, and the never ending thoughts of what I still need to clean, I finally gave up and got up. I cleaned up a little in the garage. I did some laundry. I swept the front porch, I dusted, I cleaned up some of Aaron's mess on the back porch, and then I waited for the rest of my family to finally get up. I apparently had a rather large spurt of energy.
Finally at 7:15 it hit me. I laid down and fell asleep.
Monkey woke up at 8:30.
Joy.
She finally drank her sippy. She snuggled up to me in bed and watched cartoons while I was able to take a little nap. That's until I heard her get up, then I heard something spill on the floor, and then she said "Uh-oh". I quickly asked myself if I had left some water or other type of drink out.
Nope.
Monkey, who loves to take off her diaper, decided it would be better to pee on my floor that in her perfectly dry diaper that was at on her body. I got up, put her in the shower, and then cleaned the mess.
We repeated this 3 times in less than 1 hour. I don't get how she is able to get her diaper off even through her clothes. Yes, she had shorts on, and was able to get the diaper off and keep the shorts on...this talent does concern me when she gets older.
She is finally asleep. I PRAY her diaper stays on, and she sleeps atleast 3 hours.
I'm going to crash.
P.S. Yeah, I am sore from my little cleaning spree. I really need to learn to just lay down and shut my mind off. Stupid OCD.


2 comments:

Janet said...

I feel your pain--sort of. I'm not pregnant, but I don't get too much sleep either. I'm sorry Tiffany wasn't feeling well. I hope things are better today.

Hermana McKenna Pitts said...

We use to wrap masking tape around Madison's diaper - twice - to keep her from taking it off. It's a hassle but it worked.