Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lets go GNO - (you have to listen to Hannah Montana to understand GNO)

Last night my friend Stacey and I went to the Concert of Hope for Christian and Stephanie. Loved it! While there we got to watch several amazing performers including my cousin Aaron Ballard. Here is a clip from one of his performances:







Sorry it's so shaky, I was trying to be discreet about my videoing. If you notice the ear at the bottom right - that's Christian's dad's ear. We got to sit behind Christian and Stephanie's family. It was so funny because it was like -"OH MY I know her from this blog, or I know him from that interview." It as if we know everything about their families and they know nothing bout us. I wonder if they get freaked out when strangers come up and start talking to them about things they posted.


SHHH - don't tell Aaron, but they had a silent auction - and well - we'll just say I made them at Enrichment Night.







How could one refuse?! Here is my justification - Tiffany has never, and I mean NEVER has worn shoes on her feet. Since she has tactile defensiveness on her hands and feet. We have been doing occupational therapy for her hands and they are pretty much in the okay - there are still a few textures that freak her out, but anywho - her feet - she can not stand to have socks, shoes, you name it on her feet. Which is a total bummer since I'm a baby shoes collector - (add it to my list of collections - I should post a blog on all the things I collect - remind me to do it) - back to the shoes - anywho - I figure that she is going to start walking soon and she will need to wear shoes, so why not start her off in style with some bling bling converse? I even went so far to tell Stacey that I need to find a dress she can wear these with. I'm nuts - I know, but it's for a good cause! They also had a camouflage apron there - but I just set the pen down and walked away - it was hard, but I did it!



After the concert Stacey treated me to Neilson's Frozen Custard - yummy. It was so much fun to get out and have a girls night on the town - actually it was nice to get some time to talk to an adult. And FYI - I have found a soul mate in Stacey - she too does not like the Twilight vampire books. That's right - we are both- ehhh on them. Sorry, I know that was too much info for you to handle - but it's true. Please dont' TP or egg our houses after learning this info.

On a side note - I *heart* the Wiggles.



They give me about 22 minutes of pure silence and entertainment for my daughter and niece. I am able to take a power nap, do dishes, or even sit here and blog. Tiffany loves them the same way Ashlee and Elle did, so it has been fun to dust off the old VHS's and the VCR and pop them in when needed. I can't wait until I can take Tiff to their concert and see her excitement. When we first moved back to AZ from TX I took the girls to their concert. Ashlee loved it - Elle thought it was too loud. All in all - I wouldn't mind going again for my kids.


5 comments:

DGS said...

AHHH...what a nice night, no children and great entertainment. What more could we ask for. oh and Neilsons Custard...yeah Perfection.

DGS said...

This is me Stacey

Sarah said...

Thanks david - ehm - I mean Stacey! :)

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

I guess then you wouldn't want to know that Stephnie Meyer's is my cousin! hum... I won't tell her that you don't like her book...shhhh

natalie said...

i hate those books too!! they sound so gay. amen sister!