Saturday, September 27, 2008

Bad day worse

What I expected
I love pedicures. If you are on my bad side, or want to be extremely nice, treat me to a pedicure. The sad thing is, that even though at one time I was able to go every other week, due to my now busy schedule, I rarely get one every quarter. It's like a world changing event needs to occur in order for me to get one, things like a new Pope getting elected, Lance Bass coming out of the closet, Aaron doing the dishes, or passing 5 freaking kidney stones, you know the important things.
So after a very long, painful, and tiring week, I decided that I was going to get one NO MATTER WHAT!! So, after talking to Aaron and figuring out my day, we first decided to take the girls to the mall to play on their playground they have there. While I was sitting and watching all the kids that should be on ADHD medication run around like a bunch of crazy banchies, I thought to myself - "Self, why am I sitting here? I should wonder the mall and find a pedicure place and then I can go home and take a nap." Now I knew I was taking a risk, because I have only gone to ONE pedicure place in the valley, and I have been a faithful patron for over 3 years. Lover Nails and Spa on Stapley and Baseline. They are AMAZING. They don't charge extra for the salt scrub, hot lotion, or hot towels. They do an amazing job, their massages are out of this world, and all for the low price of $18. SCORE!! But being a foolish person, I go to the mall place.
Let me start out by saying this. I got there at 4:11 and left at 4:35. Yeah. The old lady who did my "pedicure" first started by filling the tub with really hot water. I told her it was too hot and she said, "Okay" and didn't fix it. Second, she pulled my feet out, washed them with the shampoo like stuff and then towel dried them and pulled out the nail polish I chose. (I always choose "No I'm really not a waitress red") I stopped her and asked if she was going to trim my nails and scrub my feet. She was startled and went "Oh". So she trimmed my nails (a blind man who is shivering could do a better job) then proceeded to paint again. I stopped her again and asked if she was going to clean up my toes and scrub the bottom of my feet. Once again I got an "Oh". She pushed the cuticles back and lightly scrubbed the bottom. Whatever. Mean while, the lady next to me is getting a pedicure by some dude, and he is cleaning up her toes and actually giving her a pedicure. After my scrubbing, she then painted my toes. The lady next to me - she was getting lotion massaged on her legs and feet. The dude was going to town. Me - nadda. I asked the lady about the lotion, and she said "Oh - I forgot, you nails too wet". Well, she could have taken off the nail polish, I mean, it was all over my toes. She didn't stay on the nail very well. I'm sure she doesn't stay within the lines when she colors either.
So after being frustrated and angered, I went upfront and she handed me the bill. Twenty-Seven-freakin-dollars. I laughed and told her I wasn't go to pay that. She said "Tip?!" I told her again I wasn't going to pay that amount. Then some dude came over and asked the problem, I then told him about my pedicure - or lack there of - and he told me sorry and that she was still in school. Umm - doesn't Arizona require you to be licensed first? So he charged me for a nail painting, I took their card, and on Monday, I am calling the State Board of Cosmetology to complain. I pray I don't end up with some flesh eating disease!!!
Lover Nails and Spa - expect to see me in between conference sessions next Saturday - open invite to all!!!

What I got

4 comments:

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

you are too funny...I would of been mad and not wating to pay also... I will have to try your place, never have been there...thanks

Becca said...

that's scary! mall places scare me too! I'm glad you love the Peach Cobbler. If I get around to it I'll send you a sample of the Vanilla Walnut they are featuring in Oct. Very Yummo! And yes Hubby will be out for the race in Nov. He's with Kevin Harvick #33 Nationwide Series, Camping World Car. You should go and say hi.

Ericka Johnson said...

Sad! I'm glad you didn't pay. After the kidney stone bit, you definitely deserved a good pedicure!

Angie said...

You got jipped! Yes we should get together sometime! It's been forever since I've seen all you!