Thursday, September 4, 2008

Short blog - Footlose is on TV

Okay, so here is the happenings of the Dorks. Where to start, where to start?!
Well, we celebrated Ashlee's 6th birthday. Hip Hip Hurray!!! I can't believe she is already six. I swear it was just yesterday that we were living in Texas, my water had broke on a Friday afternoon at the Wal-Mart (next to the eggs) and I went home, showered, and went to the hospital. ONLY to have her two days later. It's a long story. I'll publish a book about it someday. I'm just going to post pictures for the rest of the post - I love Footlose and MUST go dance along.
Ashlee wanted spaghetti for dinner. So put on my favorite apron - thanks Jodi (FYI - I have an obsession with aprons, I have way too may. At least two for every holiday, including MLK day - yeah that's right I have an MLK apron - you are sooo jealous)


Since I live in the land of the heat, I do most of my baking and cooking in the middle of the night. Since I was making homemade spaghetti and homemade meatballs, I decided to cook late. The girls wanted to stay up and help.....


They didn't last long.

Tiffany enjoying the spaghetti the next day.

YUMMY!

My other obsession is cake stands or cake plates. I have way to many of those. I have been banned from purchasing any more. Shhhhh don't tell Aaron, but I had to get this one, I couldn't refuse. It was calling my name. "Buy me, Buy me, a cute orange Halloween cake will look cute on me." Tiffany agreed, so I bought it.


FIREWORKS - Central Christian Church had fireworks over labor day. Aaron's buddy invited us, so we went.
Enjoying the free ice cream.

I couldn't stop playing with the fireworks setting on my camera. It was way too much fun.

The end.

P.S. I'll get to the food, kidneys, baby, surgery, paint, and lunch tomorrow.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

The fireworks look so much fun, I wish we could have gone. I cant believe ashley is 6 either! I hope she had a happy day.

Lorena said...

Well it looks like all of the stuff you skipped was pretty crazy! I will look forward to that post. The spaghetti made my mouth water,Yum! Tell Ashley Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

I need a cake plate/cute serving ware support group as well. We are homemakers after all though. Our house is supposed to have things for us to dust and put cake on! (I am happy to see the apron is still around. Are you finally wearing clothes under it when you cook?)