Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Life is grand


I wish it was a rino making itself cozy in my back - instead, I'm the proud parent of 5 kidney stones - I gave birth to them sometime early Tuesday morning at the ER. But don't fret folks - it gets better - I still have one left to pass. Joy. I just want to give a shout out to modern medicine, cran-grape juice (thank you Fry's for having it on sale this week) and the heat pad I own. We have become the bestest friends!! I now hope that I can go on with my life and not deal with these stupid things again.


P.S. Have you heard of levoscoliosis of the lumbar spine? I haven't. But apparently according to the CAT scan I did at the hospital, I have a severe case of it. Levoscoliosis is the diagnosis when the spine has more than a 10 degree out of alignment and it is normally easy to spot in children from their posture, and if treated early can be fully corrected. This explains my side pain and pain that is constantly shooting down my right leg.

Summary of this blog: I'm a medical freak of nature this week. Stay tuned for next week's post : I have elephantitis in my heal - no wait - I just really need to use my pedegg.

It really is worth the $9.99 it cost - especially when the ladies at the pedicure place try to charge you Five Dollar for the acid heel crap that takes time away from them massaging your feet. Invest in one.

Until next time.......

6 comments:

Smith Family said...

Ouch! I hear Kindney stones are horribly painful. Good luck passing the next one.

Becca said...

I'm sorry your life sucks this week! But on a happy note...I love my Pedegg too! It's the best invention and I love to see all the dead skin I scrap off. I have convert quite a few people to this wonderful toy!

Browne Towne said...

Dude, you need to go to the chiropracter!!! Or just let me karate kick you in the back...that'll set you right! Happy to help anyway I can!!!

Lorena said...

So that is terrible, I'm sorry you have been going through that. Did they analyse your stones to see whats causing them? My parents where driving out to see us one summer and my dad eat a huge bag of "boston baked beans" on the way out. A few days later he had a horrible kidney stone. They analyzed it and said, it came from nuts and he shouldn't eat nuts anymore. So if it is from food at least you might be able to manage it. Good luck on the last one!

Ericka Johnson said...

That sounds terrible! Hope you are on the mend and I'm going to have to check out the pedegg!

Stephanie said...

I want a ped egg! I hope you are feeling better, sorry you had to go through that. I texted you and called you again, but you dogged me. Call if you need anything, hope you're feeling better!